Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bob Books !

Bismillah ,

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

AlhamdulALLAH we finally got Bob Books here in Jeddah from Stars Avenue Mall.

A homeschooling sister held a grand sale of books too , I got set 2 from there too at a very reasonable cost.

So , what is more important , mmmmmmm , my girl has started reading on her own mashAllah mashAllah mashAllah. Yes ! I am very happy. I could not believe when I saw her reading three letter ?( CVC) words plus more and more words with her best of the best abilities. She was trying and kept asking me " Mama, how we will read this word?" , in return , I ask her " to pronounce the letters first , then read the word" . AlhamdulAllah she has got the concept of reading.

I love to see her reading bob books while I am in kitchen or
 before the bed time.

Indeed , another achievement !!! alhamdulAllah summa alhamdulAllah ! This is exactly I wanted from her . Gone are the days.....when I just used to dream :) , now I am watching in reality.





She has completed two sets of bob books......she loves them. Interesting thing about bob books that their stories makes sense for the child reader. Sometimes , she laughs at her best that

"look mama ,

The cat ran . The vet ran.
Yes , yes , the cat can run."

Indeed the hard work with phonics paid off.

She has learnt some new words too.

So , please , whenever you get the chance for bob books. I gaurantee you that your child would love them to read inshAllah. And ignore the pig characater in it. I have already told subhana that this is "chi chi"  means " not a good animal" . So sometimes she replaces that with rabbit.

1 comment:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum!

    Mabrook! Allaahu Baarik lahum. I know the feeling when she reads for the first time. And I am so overjoyed and happy to see her achieving this milestone, Alhamdulillaah! Now you can even have a nice library sessions since you have libraries over there. She would love them Insha Allaah!.

    ReplyDelete