Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's all about alternatives ! ( if mind and time is used wisely)

If anyone of you has visited ummihomeschoolsme blog , she has told about the alternatives . I left a comment on her blog so thought to post it here too.

Similarly , m thinking about this tv viewing and youtube plus ipad applications too much these days, we have tv at home , but alhamdulillah we don’t watch tht much but still sometimes I get afraid that if I m working in kitchen or taking bath , shaitan must not let me to switch on tv just for the sake of time pass until I get back to her . Alhamdulillah , I have controlled it completely today with Allah’s help . Guess what ! What my 3 yr old did in my absence ! She painted a picture of children praying salah with her fav color pink ,ended with strokes here n there

- then she peeled garlic for me

- then she got hold of iron n presume that she is ironing her clothes like her mama . She brought a bunch of clothes from her closet.

- then she sprayed water from water spray bottle on leaves of different plants in the kitchen’s balcony.

- then she played with pebbles , sorting out in big and small separately .

MashAllah , I was observing her through out those two hours.

N now she is reading a library book named ” all kinds of people” , bob books , goodnight moon!

I mean how many alternatives are there for our kids to explore with their own hands.

I think , leave the alternatives to the kids with the sources and stuff spread everywhere in home.

An then watch the show! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum!
    Masha Allaah great! So lovely to see parents realizing this point. Alhamdulillaah we never had TV and Maimoonah never watched TV except now that she sees sometimes her Abi watching on internet some breaking news when necessary but she does not show any interest. Also she keeps reminding him when she hears music to mute it: ) Only thing she knows is starfall and the british council site and even that I try to give only twice a week as I see when she is on her own she does a whole lot of creative things masha Allaah. Its just that how we take a stand from the start and do things to please Allaah alone. Many people tell me why we do not even make her watch some islaamic cartoons (she does not know what cartoons are )and stuff but I am totally against any cartoon leave alone Islaamic and I hope all will take benefit of the growing years of the kids and make use of this age where the mind is like a sponge and absorbs anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bismillaah

    As Salaamu alaiki!

    Love this post Mashaa'Allaah and totally can relate to what you said :)
    Good job :)

    ReplyDelete