Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lapbook : Learning to read and write through Progressive Phonics

Bismillah ,

Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh ,

At last , alhamdulAllah the day has arrived to post on blog . I got busy in last two weeks in preparing resources . Anyways , I will rewind from the very fresh piece of project we have just started and that's making a lap book on three letter CVC words based on progressive phonics. Well , alhamdulAllah today subhana was in keen interest to practice the letters d , o and g. We are following from the very start of alphabetti section. They have lots of books freely downloadable. I invested so much time that through which resource , I should introduce reading and handwriting actually to my child. I chose progressive phonics. It has well explained books, they teach letters through shapes. For example : letter d can be formed by joining a ball and a stick. Letter 'o' as a ball. My child got easily and was desperate to practice it again and again in her own way. They have also provided activities , flash cards and much much more . Before starting this project , I was thinking that my child is just 2.7 months , may be it would be hard for to read and write at this age , but believe me , QadarAllah mashAllah, she has welcomed to learn more and more . You see , this is the homeschooling benefit that a homeschooled child is never meant to be pressurized . He  she learns in his / her own style. And guess what ? We started doing this labpook after dinner , she was quite active mashAllah and fresh too.

Below are the pictures of the lapbook , sorry for the pictures which are inverted ( there is some problem with my camera) . As for handwriting , am linient , we are just practicing in rough and then she will fill the handwriting activity book , inshAllah.
front cover 
shapes circle and stick depicting the letters d , o and g

flap opened

story book related to the letters d , o and g



handwriting activity book


other things that starts with the letter d






practice on board

practice on notebook too


3 comments:

  1. Bismillaah

    As Salaamu Alaikum

    Wow!!! That is very good Mashaa'Allaah. It is nice to read a blog that the children are close to my child's age- gives me a lot ideas for the young ones. Keep up the good work Ummi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalamualaikum,

    My son is also at a stage where he is decoding three letter words, although I havn't started a structured phonics programe yet...just doing it as we go along. Progressive phonics looks good. I will inshallah try it. Jazakallah for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bismillaah

    As Salaamu Alaikum Waramatulahi wabarakatu this looks like a such a great idea MashaAllah. Not only that but you can customize it and make it for a older or younger child, thanks for sharing, I tthink I'll share it with my little Miss I know =)

    ReplyDelete